Earlier today, Nintendo released the second update for Super Mario 3D All-Stars. This update brought the game’s version number up to 1.1.0, bringing it with a whole host of exciting quality of life features in the process.
Like say, the aforementioned options to invert the camera controls. This was teased all the way back in October, and lets you play all three games with controls far more similar to their original counterparts.
So there’s that addition for starters.
Yet that’s not all the update brought in.
No, it also brought surprise GameCube controller support too. This means if you have the adaptor for it, you can now use the GameCube controller for Super Mario Sunshine, analogue triggers and all.
That’s a great inclusion, and one which should be super handy for anyone that can’t get used to the split FLUDD controls in the Switch version.
Finally, they also fixed a bunch of bugs too. These include the visible debug cubes in secret levels, the censor beep like sound effect when races started and the lag from opening the guidebook mid game in Super Mario Sunshine.
GC analog + fast map #SuperMario3DAllStars #NintendoSwitch pic.twitter.com/KNLfElNioX
— Akuji Nishimura (@AkujiTheSniper) November 17, 2020
So if any of these little issues bothered you before, they won’t now. Now you can at least play Sunshine with only the bugs and glitches present in the original game rather than those added by a faulty emulator.
Either way, check out the full list of changes from Nintendo’s support page here:
- Players can now invert the camera controls within all three individual titles.
- Super Mario Sunshine now supports the Nintendo GameCube controller (sold separately). Players can now play this title using the same controls as found in the original GameCube release.
- The Nintendo GameCube controller for Super Mario Sunshine is supported only in TV mode.
- You’ll need the GameCube Controller Adapter (sold separately) to use this controller with your Nintendo Switch system. Information on connecting this adapter and controller can be found here.
- The Nintendo Switch Lite system does not support this controller option.
- All button displays within Super Mario Sunshine will not reflect the Nintendo GameCube controller.
- Other general fixes have been applied to improve overall gameplay across all three titles.
Then make sure to update your copy of the game to the latest version. It’s well worth it, annd will make the game just that bit more polished and customisable than it may have been otherwise.
How to Update Super Mario 3D All-Stars (Nintendo support site)
Hey. Did you know that “annd” is not a word? Fix it. Fix it. Come On. NOW! NOW! NOW! You can’t fix it tonight? Yes you can! Fix the typo! Did you see what I said? Let’s go. Fix the typo! GR!