Oh wow, it’s that time of year again! Yep, the Christmas season has come once again, and as per usual, the staff at Gaming Reinvented are taking a break to spend it with friends and family.
But there are a few things that separate this year from the rest. A few aspects of 2023 that make us really reflect upon the past and future of this site and the community as a whole.
First, did you know it’s now been over a decade since Gaming Reinvented was founded? Yep, with the site starting up around 2012 and the channel starting even early (2010!), it’s been one hell of a ride. Indeed, back when the site was new, we had:
- The 3DS and Wii U as Nintendo’s most recent consoles, with the former only being released that year
- A world where Nintendo based films were seen as a pipe dream, and Nintendo mobile apps seen as a dystopian nightmare scenario
- AlphaDream still in business, with the future of the Mario & Luigi series looking hopeful
- A Zelda series where Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom weren’t even in the planning stages, and A Link Between Worlds was the latest in the series
- A gaming industry where E3 was still around and relevant
- And a political and social media landscape completely different from what we have now, where most of today’s creators hadn’t even started their careers yet
It was a very different gaming landscape to say the least, and looking back only those differences even clearer. And it also makes us wonder; what direction should the site go in future? Do we focus more on editorials and interviews rather than news? Should the YouTube channel be the main priority, instead of the content here?
Eh, whatever happens will happen. Regardless, we’ll be on break here until at least the 27th of December, and our next major video will likely be in the new year.
So Merry Christmas everyone, and we hope to see you again once the festive season is over!