Animal Crossing New Horizons is Getting its Fall Update Next Week
Good news Animal Crossing fans! Nintendo has just revealed that the next update for the game is nearly here, and will be available from September 30th 2020. Titled the Fall Update, it’ll be a Halloween themed one that brings all those spooky elements from the event to your island paradise.
Here’s the announcement video about it courtesy of Nintendo’s YouTube channel:
As you can see, it’s got quite a lot to take in here. Here’s the full list of additions, as described by Nintendo on the official website:
- Growing Pumpkins – Deck out your home and island for all your awesome autumnal occasions by first purchasing pumpkin starts in-game from Leif year-round or from Nook’s Cranny during October. Once your pumpkins are grown, they can be harvested and put to use in pumpkin-based DIY projects.
- Prepare for Halloween – Pumpkins are just the beginning of the Halloween-themed festivities coming to your island. With the big day just around the corner, you can start stocking up on candy early. Find your style for Halloween night by purchasing costumes, like a mage’s dress, at the Able Sisters shop during the month of October. You can even procure body paint and colored eye contacts by exchanging Nook Miles. You’ll also be able to learn Halloween DIY projects from your fellow residents. On Halloween night, your neighbors will be getting in the holiday spirit with costumes of their own.
- Halloween Night Celebrations – When Halloween night arrives on Oct. 31, after 5 p.m., neighbors will gather in the plaza, which will be adorned with an array of Halloween decorations. You’ll also receive a visit from a mysterious guest, Jack, the “czar of Halloween.” By giving Jack lollipops and candy, you’ll earn spooky in-game rewards. Be sure to save some candy for your neighbors, too, or you might get pranked! Luckily, you can learn a couple of new Reactions to properly express your feelings of fear.
- Revisiting Dreams – The ability to take a nap and visit other islands within dreams was introduced this summer. Now, you’ll be able to easily revisit dreams from a list, making it even easier to visit some of your favorite islands.***
- NookLink App Update – The NookLink Service in the Nintendo Switch Online smartphone app is also receiving an update in early October. With the update, you’ll be able to use your smart device to perform Reactions in the game.**** How about trying it out for this occasion to let your island visitors know exactly how you feel about their mischievous tricks and treats?
It’s quite the list of additions isn’t it? And one that’s sure to bring the spirit of Halloween to your island to boot.
Yet that’s not all that’s planned for the title right now. No, quite a few interesting things are apparently planned for Animal Crossing New Horizons this year. Like restocks of all those Amiibo Cards and the special Animal Crossing Edition Switch console.
Or another update heading this way in November, with something of a Christmassy theme to it. It’s great news for Animal Crossing fans, and is sure to bring them back into the game when the first update launches next week.
Still, what are your thoughts on all this? Are you happy with the new features included in the Fall update? What do you want to see added to the game in the November one, or other updates further down the line?
Tell us your thoughts on this (and more) in the comments below, on the Gaming Latest forums, and on our Discord server today!