Ever wanted to play an eight player Super Smash Bros match with yourself? Well, if so, it seems like you’re in luck, since a glitch has been found in Super Smash Bros 4 that lets one player control every character on screen at once. Like this:
So how do you pull off this sort of craziness? Here’s how, via the original post about the topic on Reddit:
- Have 8 amiibo.
- Use a controller that can “desync” (a GameCube controller preferably).
- Go to the 8-Player Smash mode.
- Just move your joystick until the “Player #” or port space pops up.
- Click the name part of your port until it says “None”.
- Remove your controller from the port or desync it.
- Scan your amiibo.
- Plug your shit back in.
- Move your joystick again and now you will be the Player in the next available space after your scanned amiibo. Nothing out of the ordinary, but trust me, it’s working.
- Repeat Steps 5-9 until all the Player spaces are filled with the 8 amiibo.
- Go to the Settings (where Time or Stock and Item rules are). Then simply exit.
- Enjoy controlling 8 characters simultaneously!
Either way, the result is (as you can pretty clearly see for yourself), absolutely anarchy. It’s supposedly even more hilarious if everyone is Luigi (and repeatedly presses Up + B to fly all over the stage), but hey, the glitch finder didn’t post a video showing that one.
But what do you think? Is this an interesting new glitch in Super Smash Bros 4? Are you going to mess around with Amiibo to try and control 8 characters at the same time?