The August 2013 Nintendo Direct; What I Want to See
Yes, just a month or so after the last one, it’s time for another Nintendo Direct! And like always, I have a nice list of things I want to see them cover in this one, so here it is. First up, the Wii U games I want to see covered:
- Mario Kart 8. I’d like to see more than the four or so tracks we saw at E3 and the Best Buy demos here. Not sure which ones, but something like a Bowser’s Castle track or a Donkey Kong or Wario themed track would be nice to see soon, those are always pretty good.
- Super Mario 3D World. Really, I just want to see some stuff that makes me go ‘wow, this is cool’. Maybe they can reveal the ‘return of Mouser, Tryclyde and Fryguy in 3D’. That could help!
- Super Smash Bros 4. A new character. Any new character. Remember, we don’t give a toss about what veterans are like here, the real interesting thing about Smash Bros is what’s NEW. Little Mac, King K Rool, Dixie Kong, Ridley… just about any of those would make a nice character announcement.
- Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. It’s due out in just a few months, so let’s see more of this thing! More specifically? I want to see the fourth playable character or a new Animal Buddy or something. Heck, if they revealed Enguarde was back and Squawks was a proper animal buddy again (aka rideable instead of those damn rockets), that’d be the perfect news for a Nintendo Direct.
- Wonderful 101. Even the producer of the game is complaining that Nintendo aren’t promoting it enough, so they need to get out and actually do so.
- Something new. Not expecting anything here, but can you imagine how cool it’d be if Zelda U was revealed tomorrow? Yeah.
But that’s just some possible Wii U games to cover. How about 3DS titles? Here are my hopes for 3DS titles I want to see discussed:
- Yoshi’s New Island. Seriously, did this game just fall off the radar a while back or something? Because for nearly a full year, we’ve literally only seen FOUR LEVELS. And unlike Mario Kart and Smash Bros, it’s meant to be out by the end of the year, perhaps even just Autumn/Fall. Show some more footage of this Nintendo! Make me want to buy it!
- Mario Party 3DS/10. And then there’s this title. Did we see much about this one in the last few months or so? Nope. Ideally, I’d love to see a new board or two for this, or perhaps just more information on how the whole game works.
- The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds. Again, game with a lot of potential, not much known about it. Show us a second dungeon or something already.
- A new game. Not sure what, but Nintendo has to be working on something that isn’t Pokemon, Zelda, Yoshi’s Island and Mario Party, right? I mean, seems a bit suspicious that there’s been no sign of Kirby, Metroid or F-Zero for a while now…
And that concludes my list of things I’d like to see at tomorrow’s Nintendo Direct. Will it live up my expectations? No way in hell. But I guess I’m hopeful Nintendo has some really cool reveals to show tomorrow and is ready to announce some important new games, so let’s hope for the best!
What do you want to see at tomorrow’s Nintendo Direct?