Nintendo 3DS Game Predictions; What Games will be announced at E3?
We all know that the Wii U will be shown this year (albeit without any available information in regards to its price) as well as that games like Luigi’s Mansion 2, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario and Mario Tennis are coming very soon. But what are the other mystery titles that Nintendo has in store for us?
Because in the recent financial report, some interesting new things have come to light, among them:
As we also have some unannounced titles to be released for this fiscal term, we are surely able to provide a fairly rich lineup of first-party software for this fiscal year
So it seems in addition to this set of games:
That many other unnannounced ones will also be shown for the first ever time at E3. So place your bets, what new 3DS games do you think are yet to be announced that are coming this year? It’s not New Super Mario Bros 2 either, that game was discussed prior to this statement.
There’s a small caveat however, namely the ‘this fiscal year’ part. Any game that comes under this definition therefore should theoretically be out either late this year or very early 2013, it can’t be scheduled for any later. That kind of limits the games this could include a bit, doesn’t it?
So let’s think of the possible games:
- Super Smash Bros 4. Unlikely, since no Smash Bros game in history has been completed in a year or less, and the announcement kind of dictates said game should be out in late 2012.
- The Legend of Zelda 3DS. Also unlikely, for same reasons. However, a remake of an older Zelda game or a ‘New Legend of Zelda’ style game could plausibly be done within a limited time frame, correct? It didn’t take too long to make Ocarina of Time 3D, and it’s obvious that it didn’t take very long to make New Super Mario Bros 2 so far…
- Retro’s new project. They’ve been hiring staff like crazy for a massive new game in development, and given how they’ve been working on it a while, maybe it might come out fairly soon. Metroid, Star Fox or F-Zero seem possible suspects for a new game, but then again Donkey Kong 3D was at least a possibility, and a new Donkey Kong Country game for 3DS would be a requested title…
- A Kirby game for 3DS. Well, they do tend to come in pairs with one home console and one hand held title at roughly the same time and the release history of the series proves that new games do often come out at one year intervals…
- Metroid. There’s been no confirmed new games for two years, and the release history of the series suggests we should be due for one any time now…
- A Wario game. As I said way back when before any of this E3 stuff was mentioned, it’s been quite a while since either a Wario Land or WarioWare game was released on a Nintendo console. And with a general pattern of games coming out every few years (and at least one of each kind of game per console), it makes sense to assume at least one new Wario game should be out on 3DS within the fiscal year.
With that said, Nintendo has certainly surprised us all before, so the list of possible games above is by no means a definite list of possibilities. For all we know, a new major Legend of Zelda game could have been in development for a while and Nintendo has decided it should be released soon rather than the later.
But what games do you think Nintendo has planned for this year and that they’ll be showing off at E3?