Luigi’s Mansion 2 Rules Japanese Sales Charts!
It also seems like the game’s success has done wonders for the 3DS too, since it was again the top selling system in the region. Here are the relevant sales numbers:
Top Selling Games
- [3DS] Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon
- [PSP] Fate/Extra CCC
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- [PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2
- [PSV] Muramasa Rebirth
- [Wii U] Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online
- [PSP] Dungeon Travelers 2: Ouritsu Tokoshan to Mamono no Fuuin
- [PS3] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2013
- [PSP] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2013
- [Wii U] Game & Wario
- Nintendo 3DS XL – 38,442 (40,924)
- PlayStation Vita – 31,795 (41,073)
- Nintendo 3DS – 28,538 (35,629)
- Wii U – 22,829 (11,398)
- PlayStation 3 – 19,069 (22,942)
- PSP – 12,594 (12,690)
- Wii – 1,858 (1,720)
- Xbox 360 – 598 (610)
Interestingly, it’s not the only surprise in the sales charts this week. Oh no, the Wii U itself seems to have gained a bit of momentum over there as well, with it actually outselling the PS3 and PSP this week. Additionally, Game and Wario has made a strong start, coming in at number 10 and being one of the first Wii U games to actually reach the top of the sales charts since the console launched last year. Strange really given the general lack of unpopularity the WarioWare series has in a lot of regions and how it’s not usually some mega system seller.
Either way, Luigi’s Mansion 2 and the 3DS system rule Japan, with the Wii U seemingly gaining a bit of steam and getting its own decent selling game in the form of Game and Wario. Nice to know Nintendo’s recent games are selling great.