Fractured Soul Screenshots and Trailer
The game’s available tomorrow, so the people marketing the game have sent us various new screenshots as well as a new trailer. You can view them below and then maybe buy the game on the 3DS eShop afterwards.
Fractured Soul Screenshots:
Fractured Soul Trailer:
In addition to the above, here’s the press release for the game:
Old-school platforming on two screens!
Fractured Soul is a classic side-scrolling platform game with a twist: it is played across both screens at once! Created by platform gamers for platform gamers, and exclusively for 3DS, Fractured Soul literally adds a new dimension to this much-loved genre.
You are forgotten. Stranded on an outpost in deep space, you remember nothing of who you are. All you know is that you are different. You are able to shift into a parallel dimension at will.
The outpost has been invaded, and is now swarming with hostiles. Escape is imperative, and with danger on all sides, it is only your unique power that can give you a fighting chance…
– Double the action: Fractured Soul takes the classic, instantly familiar platform game and brings it to the next level with dual-screen gameplay!
– Online rankings for speed running: Compete against your friends and the world via Nintendo leaderboards.
– Gameplay variety: 5 major zones, each bringing a unique challenge to the second screen. Your dimension-shifting journey will take you underwater, through fierce winds, scorching heat and even inverse gravity!
– Hours of content: 30 levels across 5 zones, including both platforming and shoot-em-up game styles, as well as epic, dual-screen boss battles!
– Hardcore challenges: Unlock challenge levels, and test your skills to the limit!
WHAT THE PRESS ARE SAYING
Destructoid describes Fractured Soul as a “game which deserves to be played”, which Conrad Zimmerman noting that it’s “one of the better platforming experiences I’ve had in the last year, with responsive controls, challenging level design and a clever concept.”
Fractured Soul is “something that hardcore platformer fans will certainly enjoy” according to NintendoWorldReport.
“This is a game that requires more than reflexes” says JC Fletcher of Joystiq, and he’s “hoping the game finds its way to players”.
Game Connection Lyon 2010 – Selected Projects – Finalist
Game Connection San Francisco 2012 – Selected Projects – Finalist
IndieCade – TBD
Fractured Soul is a sidescrolling platformer by End Game Studios, and will be available on the 3DS eShop tomorrow for a price of $11.99. It’s been highly acclaimed by various critics, so it definitely seems like a game to check out after watching the day’s Wii U Nintendo Direct event if you like 2D action games.