Nintendo Announces New Nintendo Direct for September 6th 2018!
Yes, it’s finally happened. After weeks of rumours and crazy predictions, Nintendo has announced a new Nintendo Direct. This Direct will be posted tomorrow at 3pm PT (11PM UK time), and will focus on new games for the 3DS and Nintendo Switch.
Here are the announcements about it on Twitter, courtesy of Nintendo of America:
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) 5 September 2018
As well as Nintendo UK:
At 23:00 (UK time) on 06/09, watch a new #NintendoDirect presentation, lasting approximately 35 minutes, for info about upcoming #NintendoSwitch and #3DS titles!https://t.co/batWvnJPX1 pic.twitter.com/9SVjZ5vsLo
— Nintendo UK (@NintendoUK) 5 September 2018
As you can tell, it’s a pretty big Nintendo Direct too, with 35 minutes of 3DS and Nintendo Switch announcements being included in the presentation.
But what exactly could they show there? What games will Nintendo announce at the event anyway?
Well, it’s obvious that Super Smash Bros Ultimate and the Pokemon Let’s Go games will be here. Every Direct has something Smash related in it now, and Nintendo’s been marketing the hell out of those Pokemon games recently. So that stuff seems a given.
Caption: Case in point…
And the likes of Luigi’s Mansion 3D may well make an appearance as well. After all, we haven’t heard much about that game recently, and we don’t have any idea what kind of new features it has either. Same with Mario & Luigi Bowser’s Inside Story + Bowser Jr’s Journey. We know the games exist, but we don’t know much about their features or what exists to incentivise fans of the original to shell out for the remakes.
Hence we’d bet at least one of those will appear in the Nintendo Direct too.
But it won’t just be about games we’ve seen footage of already, there’ll almost certainly be other Nintendo news and announcements as well. So what could those be?
Well in our (not too informed) opinion, we believe at least one or two of the following might be shown off in the Direct:
1. A new Wario Land game. Yeah it’s a bit of a cliche for us here at Gaming Reinvented now, and we do bring up the possibility for every new Nintendo event. But come on, the trademarks exist, the rumours have existed for years now… surely one of these has to come along sometime, right?
Hell, WarioWare Gold did, so Nintendo hasn’t completely forgotten about the franchise. So that’s one prediction we’ve got.
2. There’s also the possibility that we’ll see Metroid Prime 4 at one of these events too. This one was announced at E3 a while back, but we only ever really got a logo for it. That’s got to change soon, so it’s possible this Direct could be this game’s chance to shine.
3. Same goes for Pikmin 4. Like with Wario Land, it’s been in the ‘likely to exist’ category for a while now, and Miyamoto himself has even commented on the possibility a few times before. Hence that’s another possible reveal here, especially if Prime 4 is something Nintendo wants to save until E3 2019.
4. Super Mario Odyssey DLC could be a reveal too. Again, it’s been rumoured for a while now, but with the costumes found in the game’s datamine running dry, it seems all too possible the next update will be along some time soon.
5. Finally, there’s always that Yoshi game Nintendo revealed as well. You know, the mystery one they revealed in the early Switch days, the one that seemed vanished off the face of the Earth shortly afterwards. That’s got to appear again someday, and it’s quite possible that day’ll be tomorrow.
Either way, those are our predictions for the event. They’re probably not all gonna be shown off tomorrow, but we believe one or two may very well be, along with a few smaller ‘surprise’ games that are a bit harder to predict.
Still, what do you think? Could Metroid Prime 4 or Pikmin 4 be in the Direct? What titles do you feel are likely to make an appearance in tomorrow’s event?
Tell us your thoughts on this (and more) over on the Gaming Latest forums today!