Hows your ink game going fellow GR gamers? Well hopefully you haven’t gotten board of Splatoon 2 yet as the game will be getting a big update during the winter holiday season. Check out the updates via this video or the info below:
- First off level cap is raising from 50 to 99. Once you hit level 99 you can restart back at level one with a gold star by your level, just showing you have time to relevel your character.
- Next is Clam Blitz, competing players are tasked with collecting clams scattered around the stage. After one is picked up, the clam follows the player. The objective is to throw the clam into the basket near the opponent’s base. The first team to score 100 points wins!
- Four New Battle Stages: While four new battle stages are coming to Splatoon 2, they won’t all be available immediately after downloading the update. Like with previous additions, the stages will roll out over the subsequent weeks, giving players new surprises as they play throughout the holiday season and beyond. The first new battle stage, MakoMart, will be available to play on Black Friday on November 24th, with Shellendorf Institute, Walleye Warehouse and Arowana Mall coming soon after.
- New Salmon Run Stage: Splatoon’ 2’s Salmon Run is getting a new stage. After downloading the update, Salmonid Smokeyard will be added to the stage rotation. In Salmonid Smokeyard, a wide gap on the beach divides two upper platforms, with fan lifts being the quickest way to traverse the two platforms.
- New Gear: Approximately 140 pieces of gear are being added to Splatoon 2 in a mixture of shoes, headgear and clothes as well as returning items from the original Splatoon game.
- New Battle Music: Two new bands have been gaining popularity in Inkopolis! The punk-flavored Bottom Feeders and classically trained avant-garde-style Ink Theory are contributing new songs to Splatoon 2.
- New Hairstyle: When customizing an Inkling, four new hairstyles will be available to choose from which there is two each for female and male characters.
- New amiibo Functionality: Tapping a compatible amiibo figure after the update will let players take and share in-game photos in preset locations in Battle Stages, in addition to being able to take photos in Inkopolis Square.
- Convenient Gear Swapping: Players that want to change gear between battles in Regular Battle, Ranked Battle and Splatfest Battle won’t have to exit to the lobby anymore as they can now change it between matches.